Last modified: May 12, 2023
1.2 This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of our family of websites, including, www.brookwookcommunity.org, https://brookwoodstore.org/, www.shudde.com, www.BWconnets.org, www.brookwoodb2b.org; and any other website owned or operated by us, (collectively our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
1.3 This policy also applies to information we collect:
- When you contact us by mail, telephone, e-mail, text, social media, or other electronic means
- Through our mobile applications (the “application”)
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services
- When you support us through donations
- When you otherwise access our products, programs, and services or communicate with us
- Are Children Allowed to Use our Site?
- What Information Do We Collect About You through our Website and How Do We Collect It?
- What Information Do You Provide to Us through our Website?
- What Information Do We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies?
- What information do We Collect Offline?
- How Do We Use Your Information?
- Disclosure of Your Information/Use of Service Providers
- What Choices Do You Have About How We Use and Disclose Your Information?
- How Do You Access and Correct Your Information?
- Data Security
- Additional Information for Mobile Users
- Inquiries and Complaints
2. Are Children Allowed to Use our Site?
2.1 Our Website and Application are not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you may use the Website and Application only with the approval of a parent or guardian. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 on our Website and Application. If you are under 18, do not use or register, make any purchases, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 on our Website of Application without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. What Information Do We Collect About You through our Website and How Do We Collect It?
3.1 We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal
- or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”)
- That is about you such as behavioral tracking information
- About your usage on our Website, including shopping cart details, and/or
- Aggregate information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
3.2 We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From ministry affiliates and third parties service providers
4. What Information Do You Provide to Us through our Website?
4.1 The information we collect on or through our Website and Application may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our Website or Application, registering to participate in a Ministry activity, requesting any of our subscriptions, posting material, and making a financial transaction, and may include when you enter a contest or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, including e-mail addresses
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order on our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website or Application
- Information you provide to be posted on public areas of the Website or Application or transmitted to other users of the Website or Application (collectively “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted at your own risk.
5. What Information Do We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies?
5.1 As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Application, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
- Information about the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique device ID, its IP address, operating system, and internet browser, and information the way you use the Application.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), including but not limited to Google Analytics. Such technologies utilize unique analytic advertising features and implements cookie data collection which is then transferred to third parties.
5.2 California Online Privacy Protection Act
5.3 According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
5.5 End of California Online Privacy Protection Act information
5.6 How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
5.7 The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or Application according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Application
- Occasionally a user’s behavior within our family of Websites will trigger an automated response or series of responses that is designed to help the user further engage with our ministry or ministries.
5.8 The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics like recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
- We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources, or you provide to us.
6.2 We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
7. What Information Do We Collect Offline?
7.1 When you contact us by mail, telephone, or other means to support us through donations, access our products, programs, or services, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect:
- Information by which you may be contacted, including mailing address, email address and telephone number
- Financial information provided in connection with your donations and purchases
- Details of your donations and purchase transactions and other records of your involvement with us
8. How Do We Use Your Information?
8.1 We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To carry forward and manage our Ministry activities
- To contact you by mail, telephone, email, text or other available communication channels for the purpose of processing, facilitating or confirming your donations and purchases, to inform you about our mission, our activities, products and services, and provide you with further opportunities to support and partner with us.
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide it, and for any other purposes with your consent.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it
- To allow you to participate in ministry email and mail outreach
- We may also use your information to contact you about third parties’ ministry related goods and services that may be of interest to you
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements
9. Disclosure of Your Information/Use of Service Providers
9.1 We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
9.2 As a general rule, all information about our supporters and others who access our programs, products, and services is held by us in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances, is not revealed to anyone else unless expressly or implicitly authorized by such individuals.
9.3 Each of the Brookwood Community affiliates (such as Center for Learning, Brookwood Work Program Woodlands, Brookwood Work Program Grand Parkway, The Brookwood Café, The Brookwood Gift and Garden Store, and the Brookwood online store) offers its programs, products, and services in affiliation with Brookwood Community. Many of the affiliates’ administrative functions and certain other services are performed on their behalf by Brookwood Community and accordingly personal information collected by such affiliates will be disclosed and transferred to The Brookwood Community for these purposes.
9.4 Notice Regarding Location of Records and Service Providers:
- Electronic records for Center for Learning, Brookwood Work Program Woodlands, Brookwood Work Program Grand Parkway, The Brookwood Café, The Brookwood Gift and Garden Store, and the Brookwood online store are maintained in the United States by The Brookwood Community. The Brookwood Community uses suppliers and service providers in the United States to perform services on its behalf.
- If you have questions about the collection, use, disclosure, or storage of personal information by service providers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates as described below
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our ministry
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose with your consent or disclosed by us when you provide the information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Brookwood Community, our customers or others, as permitted by law.
- As otherwise permitted by law
10. What Choices Do You Have About How We Use and Disclose Your Information?
10.1 You do have choices about how we use and disclose your information. If you do not want your information used or shared in accordance with this notice:
- You can choose not to provide your information, even though it might be needed to make a donation, purchase or transaction, or to take advantage of some of our Website’s features.
- You may opt-out of all information collecting by the Application by easily uninstalling the Application
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other electronic communication from us you can:
- Click the “unsubscribe” or “take me off your mailing list” link at the bottom of any of our emails.
- Call 281.375.2100 and request to be removed from our email lists.
- If you do not want to receive mail and telephone contact from us, you can:
- Call 281.375.2100 and request to be removed from our mailing list.
- Email email@example.com
11. How Do You Correct Your Information?
11.1 If you would like to review and change your personal information, you may do so by:
- Sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Data Security
12.1 We have implemented measures to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored either on our secure servers behind firewalls or cloud storage provided by a third-party hosting company. Any payment transactions will be encrypted during transition.
12.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
14. Additional Information for Mobile Users14.1 Our Application does not pull contact information, friends’ lists, contacts’ lists or check-ins.
15. Inquiries and Complaints
- If you have a complaint about our collection, use, management, or disclosure of personal information, please contact email@example.com.
- Or write to:
The Brookwood Community
1752 FM 1489
Brookshire, TX 77423